- This event has passed.
Brain Awareness Day 2017 at The Leonardo
March 18, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
International Brain Awareness Week: Memory Lane
FACULTY AND STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH PRESENT BRAIN AWARENESS WEEK AT THE LEONARDO MUSEUM
Have you ever wondered just how capable and powerful your brain can be? It’s that time of year again to start exploring the wonders of the organ that occupies the space between your ears during our National Brain Awareness Campaign event.
The Brain Awareness Week Campaign is a worldwide celebration of the brain that brings together scientists, families, schools, and communities. Officially, Brain Awareness Week is March 13-19, 2016, but we’re having a one-day celebration on March 18, 2017 from 10:00-5:00 p.m..
During the event, the University of Utah will be bringing in REAL HUMAN BRAINS for the public to see and examine. The students and faculty will be on site answering questions and hosting the activities below:
- Sensory illusions – cards, PowerPoint, and videos
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Mind Ball- presented by Ripple
- Comparative Neuroanatomy – models of various animal brains
- Real human brains – cadaver brains from the School of Medicine.
- Microscopes – bright field and fluorescent microscopes.
- Brain myths – a true or false game to debunk common myths
- Interactive neurons – an interactive model that demonstrates action potentials and neurotransmission.
- Concussion goggles
- Build your own neuron out of pipe cleaners
We all know what the brain looks like, but we don’t always have the opportunity to see them up close and ask experts questions. Join us at The Leonardo for our celebration of Brain Awareness Week. Stay curious!
Tickets to our Brain Awareness celebration are included in the price of General Admission. Avoid the lines and pre-purchase your tickets today!BUY TICKETS
Brain Awareness Day BONUS:
The global celebration for brain awareness was launched by The Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives. It presents an opportunity to bring attention to brain science and the advances that have occurred in the last 20 years. Brain Awareness Week serves as a launching point for year-round Brain Awareness activities.