The Leonardo Drone Film Festival
The inventions of nature inspired Leonardo DaVinci’s curiosity and drive to discover. For him flight was an opportunity for incredible human achievement and today there is even more excitement around the possibilities as we experiment with new technology. Since the opening of our FLIGHT exhibit a partnership between The Leo and the drone community has grown. The Leo has sponsored free flies, demos and mini quad race series. As we have developed these programs we have identified a growing need for host venues who can support the tech development in this expanding market and spaces that can provide workshops, think-tanks and screening ops. The Leo is in a position to do all this.
We are pleased to announce that in support of Utah’s drone filmmakers we will host SLC’s first Drone Film Festival on April 7-8th
Submissions due March 25, 2017. (Submissions open on February 1, 2017)
$5 submission fee (subject to change)
Drone Film Festival Categories
- Narrative- Use drone filmmaking to tell a story. Documentaries, shorts, music videos, news segments, even films that feature drones all fit in this category.
- Landscape/ Architecture– There’s no lack of beautiful environments to shoot in Utah, show us your favorite places to fly.
- Freestyle FPV– Picture quality is not the focus in this category it’s all about the energy of a freestyle run or the thrill of a race.
- Extreme Sports– Utah is home to extreme sports enthusiasts and drone cinematography couldn’t be a better fit to capture the fun. Athlete’s share your epic moments with us whether it’s ski, snowboard, mountain biking, climbing, etc. show us how drones have changed the way you see your sport.
- Still photography– This category is for photographs that will be printed and displayed in a showcase at the museum throughout February and during fest screenings. Drone films do not fit here.
There will be a winner in each category and a people’s choice award for overall film and photo. Be sure to begin submitting your videos on February 3, 2017.SUBMIT FILM/VIDEO HERE
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com