Mind Riot – A Social Entrepreneurship Competition
What is Mind Riot?
A fast paced three-day entrepreneurship competition for Utah high school students wanting to change the world. Students learn what it means to be a social entrepreneur by forming teams, developing big ideas to improve social problems, and then pitching those big ideas for cash and prizes.
The Mind Riot Experience!
Day 1: Meet other participants and hone your skills through creative, fun activities that will set you up to get the most out of Mind Riot.
Day 2: Let the innovation begin! Work with a team to solve a problem you have collectively identified and truly care about solving. Work side-by-side with business and community leaders, and leverage their guidance and expertise to help make a feasible and impactful solution.
Day 3: Present your solution to the world for cash and prizes.
Mind Riot is a transformational 3-day event where you will create new friendships, build a professional network, and solve a pressing social problem along the way.
Click here to see more details about the Mind Riot experience.
Reasons to Participate in Mind Riot!
- Resume and college application boost
- Create lasting connections with experienced professionals
- Increase knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship and problem solving
- Meet new friends and build your personal network
- Potential internships
- Gain valuable experience in public speaking and presentation skills
- Build self confidence in professional settings
- Work with other smart like-minded students and take advantage of learning from our expert mentors.
- Take your Mind Riot idea and turn it into a real business or organization!
- Check out some testimonials for past Mind Rioters below.
FAQ About Mind Riot
The Leonardo museum in downtown Salt Lake City. (209 East 500 South)
Students who will be entering 9th grade in the Fall of 2018 through seniors who have just graduated are eligible to apply.
Mind Riot does have a program fee for those accepted. However, there is no specific price. You decide how much you pay for the program. A central part of Mind Riot is letting the participants evaluate opportunities and make the important decisions. We believe this philosophy should touch all parts of the program.
NOTE: The amount you pay DOES NOT affect your chances of winning
Mind Riot is a 3-day event that takes place on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day begins at 8:00AM and completes no later than 7:00PM. The museum is open until 10:00PM on Friday and teams may opt to stay longer and work on their presentations.
DAY 1 – Thursday
- Teamwork and mindset exercises
- Creativity and entrepreneurship workshops
DAY 2 – Friday
- Form your team and work with your mentor
- Select your problem to solve and work on your solution
- Practice your presentation and get feedback
DAY 3 – Saturday
- Finalize your presentation
- Pitch your idea to a panel of judges and your peers
- Celebrate at the Mind Riot awards banquet
It’s a great opportunity to meet new people, work with professionals and community leaders, win cash and prizes, provide a great experience for your resumes and college applications, and maybe…change the world.
We have a small stipend set aside for accepted applicants who need help with getting to Mind Riot. You must live at least 40 miles outside of Salt Lake City to be considered. To apply for the scholarship, indicate your interest in applying on the application form.
You can email your questions to: Mindriot@theleonardo.org
Applications are open today and will close on April 30th, 2018. You can find the online application here, which you can submit online or print out and mail to The Leonardo. If submitting a printed application, please mail them to
Attn: Mind Riot
209 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Thanks to our generous sponsors and partners: