Mind Riot – A Social Entrepreneurship Competition
Mind Riot: June 9th – 11th, 2016
What is Mind Riot?
- Mind Riot is a FREE three-day social entrepreneurship competition where high school students from across Utah join together to solve real social problems and win cash prizes.
- Students will be paired with adult mentors who specialize in the areas of business, science, technology and entrepreneurship.
- With the help of our mentors, students will create and present solutions to a panelist of judges in true “SHARK TANK” fashion.
To get a better feel of what the Mind Riot competition is like, click here to see past competitions.
What is the experience like?
Day 1 is all about meeting other participants and honing skills that will help them be successful throughout the weekend. There will be a lot of fun, hands-on creative workshops and activities.
Day 2 is when the work really begins. Participants will work with a team to solve a problem they have all worked together to identify – a problem they care about solving. Working side-by-side with the teams are business and community leaders, lending their guidance and expertise, to help make a feasible solution to combat the problem.
Day 3 is when students present their solutions to a panel of judges – and celebrate their success. It is a transformational 3-day event that allows participants to build new friendships, begin building a professional network, and solving a problem they care about along the way.
Click here to see more details about the Mind Riot experience.
Why should I participate in Mind Riot?
- Resume and college application boost
- Create lasting connections with experienced professionals
- Increase knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship and problem solving
- Meet new friends and build your personal network
- Potential internships
- Gain valuable experience in public speaking and presentation skills
- Build self confidence in professional settings
Work with other smart like-minded students and take advantage of learning from our expert mentors. Check out some testimonials for past Mind Rioters below.
Why Does Mind Riot exist?
Mind Riot offers High School students the opportunity to compete in a social entrepreneurship competition and solve real world problems. By working closely with adult mentors, students learn how to creatively problem solve and identify solutions to challenges. Mind Riot is positioned as a launching pad for students to gain insight and experience in industries such as business, technology, science, and entrepreneurship.
To apply, click the “Apply Here” button below, or click here. It only takes five minutes.
You may submit your application online, via email or in person at The Leonardo Museum. The deadline to apply to compete in Mind Riot is May 27, 2016.
“I gained curiosity and skills with teamwork and ability to work through problems.”
Shubaira, age 16
“Life skills over all, within three days I went from your average kid to having the ability to communicate with adults effectively.”
Jeremy, age 16
“Overall it’s just an incredible experience and I am so glad I have gotten to participate and will never forget it!”
Diane, age 15
“It is a fantastic opportunity that is seldom other places that encourages creativity in the goal to make a difference or change the world.”
Joshua, age 16
Thanks to our generous sponsors and partners: