Teen Summer Camp Volunteers 2017
Join our Summer Camp Program!
The Teen Summer Camp Volunteer program allows high school students a unique opportunity to volunteer at The Leonardo and spend a fun filled summer learning and experiencing new things. Teen Summer Camp Volunteers will work with summer camps by supporting the education staff. They will help prepare the classroom, assist with classroom management and work directly with kids.
Camps run June 12-August 18, 2017. Volunteers can work three shifts throughout the summer: an AM shift (8:30am-12:30pm), a PM shift (12:30pm-4:30pm) and an all day shift (9:00am-4:00pm).
- Must be 15 years old by June 12, 2017
- Demonstrate an interest in one of following: science, art, technology, engineering, or math
- Have an interest in working with young children
- Responsible, punctual and dependable
- Be able to commit to working a minimum of two weeks of camp during the summer camp schedule. The weeks do not need to be consecutive.
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session at The Leonardo before their first week of camp. Orientation sessions will be scheduled with each applicant.
- Gain experience working with children in an informal education setting
- Make new friends
- Social activities
- After summer party
- Learn about museum careers
- Gain valuable workforce skills
- Family membership to The Leonardo
- Volunteer t-shirt
How to apply:
In order to be considered, applicants must complete an online application. In-person interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates. If you have any questions, please contact Jaclyn Mertz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Summer Camp Volunteer Application