Teen Summer Camp Volunteers 2017
Join our Summer Camp Program!
The Teen Summer Camp Volunteer program allows high school students a unique opportunity to volunteer at The Leonardo and spend a fun filled summer learning and experiencing new things. Teen Summer Camp Volunteers will work with summer camps by supporting the education staff. They will help prepare the classroom, assist with classroom management and work directly with kids.
Camps run June 12-August 18, 2017. Volunteers can work three shifts throughout the summer: an AM shift (8:30am-12:30pm), a PM shift (12:30pm-4:30pm) and an all day shift (9:00am-4:00pm). All volunteers must attend one orientation at The Leonardo before their first week of camp. The orientations will be held:
- Saturday, June 3, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Wednesday, June 7, 4:00pm-5:00pm or 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday, June 10, 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Must be 15 years old by June 12, 2017
- Demonstrate an interest in one of following: science, art, technology, engineering, or math
- Have an interest in working with young children
- Responsible, punctual and dependable
- Be able to commit to working a minimum of two weeks of camp during the summer camp schedule. The weeks do not need to be consecutive.
- Gain experience working with children in an informal education setting
- Make new friends
- Social activities
- After summer party
- Learn about museum careers
- Gain valuable workforce skills
- Family membership to The Leonardo
- Volunteer t-shirt
How to apply:
In order to be considered, applicants must complete the online application and have two teacher/mentor submit recommendations to Jaclyn Mertz at email@example.com by April 30, 2017. In-person interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates on May 19th and 20th, 2017.
Teacher/mentor recommendations can be from any adult that is not a parent/guardian and who can speak about your character.
Teen Summer Camp Volunteer Application